Saturday, June 22, 2013
Orientation, and Settling In
I arrived in Lima late Monday night, along with 6 other Response volunteers. Spent the rest of the week in the office for "orientation" to the work and a little bit about Peru. We have a good group, and 2 other people will also be in the city of Lima (the other 4 are going out throughout the country). Of course, Lima is a giant city of 10 million, so its not like you'll "run into" people. Peru is huge, much bigger than Panama. Other volunteers often have 20+ hour bus rides to get to their sites, and Lima is similar to NYC in size, so I have barely explored any of it. But, I have 2 roommates-one Peruvian, one American, so hopefully I can meet people through both of them.
I met my future boss briefly on Friday and should arrive at the office on Monday. Sorry this post isn't too interesting, but I did spend the past week sitting in a conference room. Hopefully more interesting updates to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment