I can hardly begin to describe the whole experience, please skype, call, buy me a coffee sometime if you'd like to hear. But, here are a few pointers and I few things I did during those days:
- Sat next to a lady who was flying for the first time, and I had to calm her nerves. She still ended up throwing up.
- Hired a man with a chainsaw in the Amazon rainforest
- Built a raft out of 8 balsa logs, rope and nails
- Put up and took down a little roof twice. We decided the sunlight wasn´t as bad as the drag from the wind.
- Saw Amazon river dolphins
- Got passed by boats moving some serious cargo
- Paddled for over 10 hours in one day, coming into the finish line at sunset
- Nightime yoga on the banks of the Amazon, where down dog led to some awesome star sightings.
- Watching a moonrise over the Amazon
- Twice had to push raft, off the beach into the river, and once when we were stuck in the sand. One time a log rolled over my ankle and the other time I stepped into mud up to my knees. Both times I ended up getting fired/told to sit the rest of it out.
- Wore a pink mesh tank top for three days, proudly representing Atlantic Beach, NC
- Spent 24 hours a day with the same 3 people for 4+ days, and we are all still speaking to each other, though there might have been a few moments where we weren´t. Our conversation on the last day consisted mostly in what parts of our bodies hurt the most.
- Sunburned my lips so badly they were swollen, like I had just injected some collagen.
Overall, I challenged myself, kept going even when I wanted to quit, was overwhelmed by natural beauty, and solidified three solid friendships as we supported each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment