Wednesday, July 23, 2008

some moments



Here is a picture of my host father killing a chicken. I helped pick off the feathers and watched and learned. Sorry, there is no picture to show that I was wearing a skirt at the time. I am one step closer to achieving my goal of killing a chicken.
Mostly, I just sit around. But, here are a few moments when I felt like I was doing something, or that I was in Peace Corps:
-The kids at school and I picked up trash in the backyard so we could plant our garden
-I convined my host father to use an organic method and not chemicals to kill the leaf-cutter ants (or arrieras)that are eating his yuca. So far, we´re trying neem and bread soaked in tabasco.
-I chewed some sugar cane. It was delicious
-I used a machete to cut down some platanos. They were delicious.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yes! Life skills! You. Are. Amazing.