Wednesday, September 23, 2009

back to Panama

Back to my site after visiting the U.S. Some people told me they’d been worried that I was going to stay in the U.S. and that I was missed. It actually wasn’t very weird being gone. Though, I’m sure in ten months it will be. I was super happy to see that my recycling project had gone ahead without my presence. The teachers seemed to manage it just fine despite their worries that they wouldn’t be able to do it without me. Hey, that’s the sustainability us Peace Corps volunteers go for.
I’m also going to take on a new role: Regional Leader. It’s a volunteer that helps with volunteer support and agency relations at the regional level (like, for my province). Somewhat of a promotion. I’ll see if the new responsibilities become overwhelming or not. I don’t officially start until November, so the next month is for preparing and learning the ropes.

1 comment:

jessica said...

good for you, Abby. I'm sure you'll do great.